Friday, December 24, 2010

Singapore Peacock Bass & Tilapia on Fly , June 2005.











On this particular trip Singapore was a few day stop over on the way to a holiday in Bali with friends. First thing I did when I got into the hotel was check the yellow pages for tackle shops and was stoked to find a dedicated fly fishing shop COHO Fishing tackle,Bali Lane. After a few hours and a few dollars later I'd arranged to go flyfishing for Peacock Bass the next afternoon at the Lower Pierce spillway with Michael the director of COHO. I think Michael was fishing with a #4 weight flyrod whilst I used Michaels #2 weight Winston 5 piece. The 2 weight was a little hard to get use to as I had only fished with 6,7/8 & 8 weight outfits.The flyline was a SA clear intermediate,the leader 7-8 foot tapered 6lb tippet and flies used were size #4 Gotchas,bead chain Clousers mostly in white/pearl,tan/white and pearl. P.S.the fishing took place after "work hours" for the Public Utilities Board (PUB) ranger that police these public areas. The above photo is myself with Henry(middle) & Michael in Coho Fishing tackle,Singapore. As far as the fishing went I landed 8 bass all around the 28cm mark although not big fish they were fun on the #2 weight .

No comments:

Post a Comment