Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Last weekends Mullet on fly catches






Caught some nice mullet on the flyrod last Sat. & Sun despite the gusty wind conditions. Landed several fish on Sat.with the best two fish measuring 38 and 41 cm respectively but I lost a much bigger fish that buried me in the weed beds. I gave the fish a little slack in the hope that it would swim out but as I use barbless hooks to facilitate a quick release the fish was able to shake the hook free and it was gone. I would have released it quickly anyway after a photo but he had other plans. Sundays wind was all over the place so had to fish with the wind at my back which really narrowed down fishing options (4 weight flyrods & wind don't go well together ) but still managed to land 4 mullet and a few spangled Perch. The best mullet went 43.5 cm and really had to be muscled out of the weeds I'll give the lake a rest for a few days and try and tangle with a Tarpon on the flyrod at another lake I have yet to fish. Hopefully my next post will be about Tarpon - I wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment