Sunday, September 18, 2011

Quick mid morning sess on the perch

A slim bass for his length


A pretty little spangled perch

Bass on a 2 inch berley grub

Say cheese


Remnant sub tropical forest








Had a quick session on this morning with only an hour to kill. Being around 9 oclock most of the water was in full sun and only one small accessible patch of water with shade - oh well nothing better to do so I'll give it a try. Armed with my spin stick 4 lb fireline and 9 lb leader and the ever reliable blade I made my way round the edge to get a better position. First cast a half hearted bump - maybe a small spangled perch. Chuck it in again -BANG -I'm on. A nice little bass comes to hand after being pulled out from under the weed edge - quick pic and off he goes to grow bigger. Blade back in the same spot bang I'm on again but feels pretty small - up comes a spangled perch. Another quick pic and off he goes. A few casts around the lilies further out in the sun didn't produce so next cast I put a soft plastic in  closer to the bank under the overhanging tree and I'm on again - another nice little bass. A couple of more spanglies and I reckon their onto me by now so home for a cuppa. Cheers Pat.

No comments:

Post a Comment