Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Search for new water 12/09/2011










After a bit of searching on google earth and the street directory I settled on an area to search for some wild bass. The area chosen required a walk across a floodplain for about 20 mins. under the watchful eye of the cattle to reach the main channel. There was a bit of colour in the water but not too bad so I'll stick with using the Ray's Outdoors Blades - 3.5gm yellow/orange. There were limited areas to cast from the bank but there were plenty of snags to cast to so after about an hour I onto my first fish. The bank is quite high in places so I had to steretch out with the rod to stop the fish going under the bankside log. He had other ideas and pulled the hooks after going into some sticky snag. I headed upstream a bit more and then went back to the spot I dropped the fish. Put the blade in the same place and I'm on again,this time I pole it up the bank. A pretty healthy looking fish around 27-28cm. An interesting day anyway. Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment